Dedicated to everyone who said I couldn't or I shouldn't, the Love and Inspiration of My Life, and that girl I saw today running with one leg.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 2


I'll call this one, el dia de independencia...

Yes, I'm well aware that isn't correct.

Yesterday, July 4th, 2011, marked the arrival of Off the Cuff. Although I did not set this blog up to brag, as the great Tupac would say, "If you got it, better flaunt it, let the liquor help you get up on it."

Presenting...The Firecracker (You can find the recipe back on Day 1). It popped up on People.com over the holiday weekend, and I have to say I am more than stoked. Apparently Leonardo DiCaprio, Katy Perry, Jay-Z and the chick from Gossip Girl would all imbibe. You can check out the full article here.

In other Cocktology news, This is Ali and I.

Yesterday, we made our way up to Loveland, Colorado for our first ever off-site cocktail catering gig. We made our signature three party-specific "Off the Cuff" style cocktails, had two cases of Stryker Wines, three cases of New Belgium Beer and more fruit than you could shake a muddler at.

The afternoon was hot out on the lake, and after I spilled a deli container of blueberry syrup on my shorts the kiddie slide into the lake was a welcome relief. It felt amazing to be making my own money, running my own business and having fun. Might be pretty easy to get used to.

Patriot's Punch

Begin with a Lemon Oleo Saccharum

Add:
50 oz White Rum
50 oz Dry White Wine
37.5 oz Hibiscus Tea
25 oz Blueberry Syrup
25 oz Lemon Juice

Garnish with Blueberries, Pineapple and Strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment